Latest CDFI job opportunities
Lancashire Community Finance
Small Business Loans Officer & Analyst
Lancashire Community Finance is looking for an ambitious individual with strong numerical and IT skills to join the small business loans team. Initially for a fixed term period of 12 months.You will be responsible for following up and tracking new business loan enquiries, assisting with analysis of business applicants, loan administration, assessing loan applications within your personal lending discretion and making recommendations for sanction/decline. Together with supporting the business loans manager to deliver the start up loans programme.
Salary: £18,814 – £23,787
Type: Full time
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3 December
For any additional information please contact Sionna Glover on 01772 556877 for details of the role and how to apply:
About Lancashire Community Finance
Lancashire Community Finance is a not for profit social business providing access to affordable finance thorough business, personal and home improvement loans to residents of North, West and Central Lancashire excluded from main stream bank finance. Established in Preston in 2005 it has offices in Preston Skelmersdale and Lancaster.
About the role
- Respond to initial customer enquiries, explaining what the Start Up Loan scheme is and the application process
- Manage all incoming SUL communications, customer & SULCo via email gateway, telephone or text
- Advise customers on how to complete business plans and cash flow forecasts
- Process SUL applications, ensuring all relevant documents are received. Appraise if within personal lending discretion making recommendations prior to final approval, or pass to onto a lending manager as appropriate. Follow LCF/SULCo’s credi
- Arrange meetings with customers and/or a lending manager to interview the applicant, take notes in meetings for lending managers to review.
- Organise correct filing of all documents electronic / paper
- Liaise with existing customers to resolve their queries
- Follow up missed payments to ensure payment is made and that similar problems do not arise in the future.
- Undertake collections activities
- Where a problem is identified liaise with lending managers to decide appropriate action and follow through
- Maintain SULCo CRM
- Produce reports and data analysis as required
- Responsibility for social media posting and monitoring
- Liaise with mentors
- Manage mentor database and contracts
- Undertake customer reviews
- Attend business events and networking forums
- Marketing the SUL’s programme
- Undertake and support business loan managers with analysis of financial data, market information and company status to establish the credit-worthiness of individuals and the viability of their business plans.
- Make lending recommendations to approve or decline loans within a delegated approval authority and owning that decision.
Senior Business Loans Officer
Fair Finance is looking for an experienced individual with strong commercial awareness and numerical skills, with a minimum of 4 years previous experience of lending to businesses. The Senior Business Loans Officer will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of highly complex small business lending (loans of up to £20k) relationships in a fast growing team.
Salary: £23,000 – £28,000
Type: Full time
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th November 2014
for details of the role and how to apply:
Senior Business Loans Officer Job Description