Types of membership
Thank you for your interest in joining CDFA. We are in the middle of revising our membership and supporter structure, and will provide an expanded description of these shortly. Meanwhile, please see below for the basic criteria, and feel free to call us to discuss further.
To be a CDFA member, your organisation must:
- have a commitment to community or economic development within disadvantaged communities or within markets that are not adequately served by mainstream financial service providers.
- engage in financial service provision as principal or agent.
- be independent and non-governmental.
- be committed to continued professional and organisational development, which can be demonstrated through reaching appropriate performance levels within a realistic time frame.
- demonstrate accountability and transparency to its stakeholders including its target community.
- demonstrate responsible lending and business practices, including having a plan for long-term sustainability.
- have a track record in financial services provision over a period of at least twelve months.
- comply with our Code of Practice demonstrated by submission of documentation of adoption by members’ Boards.
- seek to measure itself against the benchmarks developed by CDFA.
If the applicant is a subsidiary of a larger organisation, the parent company must also fulfil criteria 1 and 3.
Read more about the benefits of membership.
Fees are annual and due in January of each year. All fees are subject to VAT.
Based on outstanding portfolio
Under £500,000: £500 + VAT
£500,000 to £1 million: £1,000 + VAT
Over £1 million: £1,500 + VAT
Our Supporter category is for individuals and organisations (non-community finance lending organisations only) looking to connect with the CDFA and community finance sector. We also have a Partner category for organisations interested in forging a deeper more strategic relationship with us.
Benefits of becoming a Supporter include:
- Cross-referrals made where appropriate
- Marketing slot on CDFA website
- Regular newsletter containing sector news and intelligence
- Job board listings on CDFA website
- Inclusion in press pieces
- CDFA Conference pack profiling
- Discounted market place slot at CDFA Conference
- Bi-annual review meetings
Individual- £75 p.a
Organisations (all sizes)- £300 p.a
Please contact the Membership team if you would like further information on any of these options email@example.com 020 7430 0222 ext 209.