Follow us at Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Lending, lending, lending... It’s been a busy time for our business-focused CDFIs. They’ve been posting record lending figures, helping more small firms than ever.
- Charities and social investment With the current focus on growing and diversifying the social investment market, particularly in London and the South East, we may risk overlooking the particular experience of charities in taking social investment. ‘Charities and Social Investment’ , a report commissioned by the Charity Commission for England and Wales from the Institute for Voluntary Action Research and written by Leila Baker and Niamh Goggin, provides an insight into the barriers and risks facing charities receiving social investment.
- At the vanguard of a new kind of economics Community Economics is a model that harnesses the skills, knowledge and capability present in all communities; it has the potential to bridge the gap between rich and poor that current, free market economics create, and that we know is failing an increasing percentage of the population denied access to the finance needed to create jobs, opportunity and capability.
- Raising positive investment online Ethex is a not-for-profit organisation that aims to raise investment capital for businesses that deliver a positive benefit to society.
- Put your money on the high street Our high streets don’t look like they once did. They're now full of bookmakers, pawn shops and payday lenders.