Policy and Research
The CDFA’s Policy and Research team tracks issues concerning community finance, advocating on behalf of members. In particular, it collaborates with government departments, regulators and other alternative finance providers to raise awareness of the CDFI industry, as well as stimulate its development.
The main strands of the Policy & Research team’s work include:
- Driving and monitoring the latest policy and funding developments and opportunities for the sector
- Responding to government and regulator consultations
- Providing policy briefings to members and stakeholders on relevant topics
- Producing Inside Community Finance, an annual report of CDFI lending activities and impacts
- Quarterly measuring and reporting on CDFI lending activity and impacts
- Undertaking and commissioning innovative and original research concerning the development of the sector
Recent consultation responses
In September 2014 we responded to the government’s Call for evidence: British credit unions at 50, calling for a more inclusive consideration of the wider community finance system. Our response can be downloaded here.
In August 2014 we responded to the FCA’s consultation onProposals for a price cap on high-cost short-term credit (CP 14/10), which can be downloaded here.
In May 2014 we responded to the Financial Conduct Authority’s consultation on fees for 2014/15, which can be downloaded here.
In April 2014 we responded to the BIS and HMT consultation on matching SMEs rejected for finance with alternative lenders, which can be downloaded here.
In March 2014 we submitted a response to the Treasury Select Committee SME lending inquiry, which can be downloaded here.
In autumn 2013 we submitted a response to the government’s consultation on the proposed Social Investment Tax Relief. . Our response can be downloaded here.
If you would like to contact the team, please email the Policy & Research Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 020 7430 0222.